Let’s go over a series of questions covering the importance and relevance of social media in business. Is social media a necessary element all companies should incorporate? Should business leaders spend time and money on social media, and which social platforms are essential to ensuring a strong digital strategy?
Is it necessary for companies to have a social media presence?
- Yes. Nowadays, consumers EXPECT businesses to have social media.
- 63% of customers actually expect companies to offer customer service via their social media channels, and 90% of social media users have already used social media as a way to communicate with a brand or business. (Source: Smart Insights).
Which social channels are the most important for businesses to have?
- All channels can be useful depending on the ultimate goal for the company.
- Instagram is the #1 used social platform amongst the five main channels: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
What type of conversions can most brands expect from social media?
- Mainly a wider reach and possibly brand loyalty as consumers tend to build more in-depth relationships with companies that align with their interests and keep them engaged.
How often should businesses post on their social media?
- There isn’t an accurate data point for this. It’s an opinion-based answer since it would vary company to company. Many big companies with over 100,000 followers can post up to 100 times a day without hurting their audience. For smaller companies, this tactic wouldn’t be easily embraced.
What type of content should businesses post?
- Work showcases, humanizing posts, broadcast interests and beliefs, illustrate the brand’s developed persona.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content. (Source: HubSpot) i.e. videos, pictures, etc.
Do companies have to hire someone to manage their social media?
- If the funds are available, then preferably yes. Social media needs its own undivided attention. It can’t be lazily done with no effort put in. Consumers will lose interest if content isn’t engaging.
- 80% of companies online are under the impression that they deliver exceptional social media customer service, while only 8% of their customers say that they agree. (Source: Smart Insights)
Why is it important for businesses to have social media?
- New technology, advanced era. Millennials and Gen Z heavily rely on social media to get informed about companies and products.